Make Your Own Deodorant
Healthy. Cheap. Choose Your Own Fragrance. 100% All Natural Deodorant. Do It. Do It Now.
- Corn Starch – 1/4 Cup
- Baking Soda – 1/4 Cup
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Essential Oil (I used Vanilla but also love Lavender) – 8 Drops
- Vitamin E – 6 Drops
- Empty Deodorant Container (smaller size)
You Can Find It All at a Health Food Store or Amazon
Like most store bought cosmetics, soaps, beauty products etc… Commercial Deodorant is full of harmful chemicals that are not only incredibly unhealthy but are also counter productive for what the product is trying to accomplish. Here is a list of some of the awful things in all commercial deodorant:
- Aluminum: Used to stop perspiration which is very unhealthy not to mention topically aluminum is linked to a myriad of health problems.
- Parabens: A pointless preservative. Applied topically creates hormone imbalances.
- Propylene Glycol: Increases Absorption in to Skin. Very toxic skin irritant, long term use is linked to CNS damage.
- Triclosan: Kills (Healthy) Bacteria and Microbes. Classified as a Pesticide by the FDA, Carcinogen, Linked to Disruption of endocrine system. Increased Risk of Developing Skin Allergies.
Lets Do It.
1. Take your empty deodorant container, take it apart carefully, thoroughly clean it out and then put it back together. Twist the plunger back down to the bottom.
Grab a container and put in 1/4 Cup Corn Starch and 1/4 Cup Baking Soda. Mix them together.
Add 8 drops of your essential oil, 6 Drops of Vitamin E and 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. If your coconut oil is too hard just toss it in the microwave for 20 – 45 seconds to soften it up.
Mix it up with your hands really well making sure everything is distributed evenly as best that you can. Keep mixing it with your hands until you can form it in to a ball.
You are ready to load up your empty container when you can make the paste form like this.
Push the deodorant paste in to the empty container as tight as you possibly can. Really jam it in and make sure there are no empty air pockets and that everything is tightly compacted.
Form a nice little protruding curve.
Put the top on and place it in the fridge and let it sit for 2 days. This is the curing process when all the ingredients will mingle, distribute and solidify. After 2 days your amazing new all natural super healthy deodorant is ready to use. Enjoy!
More on the Recipe.
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin E is full of healthy skin antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and prevent cellular damage from occurring. This will protect and nourish your skin and with long term use reverse any past damage. This includes smoothing out lines, bumps, discoloration and sores. Find out more here
- Coconut Oil
- This oil is incredible at hydrating your skin. Anyone who suffers from dry skin will highly benefit from coconut oil. Acting as an all natural highlighter, coconut oil will give your skin a smooth beautiful glow when used. Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal, moisturizing and, great for atopic dermatitis. Coconut oil will help restore your skin’s pH levels, leaving your skin silky smooth and glowing like an angel. Find out more here